Soeur Ethington | Week 10

Well, the day has come. I have finally started driving in France, and boy, it is terrifying. HOW CAN PEOPLE DRIVE SO AGGRESSIVELY AND NOT CRASH INTO EACH OTHER? Who knows. All I know is that I've definitely had some angels protecting me. Actually, it's not really that bad, but I'm definitely on my toes when I'm driving here! 

This week included a lot of proselyting, finding, and teaching. Normal missionary stuff, I guess. It's funny, when I first got here, I was so terrified to just walk up to people on the street and start talking about the gospel, but at this point it's become so much easier! 

We went to a baptism this week! The person who was baptized is named Theresa, and she's an 84 year-old Italian lady. She's been going to our ward for years, but Elder Wallace and Elder Slighting were talking to her about 3 weeks ago and they found out that she wasn't baptized. WHAT! So they taught her and she got baptized! Sœur Seely and I took our dinner hour at the temple to go watch, and it was amazing. The Spirit was so strong, and I definitely bawled. Oh well. I could just imagine my amis in that font! I'm so excited for when they get baptized. 

We had a district p-day today and went to the temple! It was AMAZING. The Paris Temple is so gorgeous! There are beautiful stained glass windows everywhere (which I know lots of fun facts about since I work in the VC, so if you're interested just email me) and chandeliers and artwork and ugh. It's amazing. I've had a bit of a hard week, so it was incredible to feel the peace and comfort that comes through going to the temple. Oh, and I'm proud to say, I DID EVERYTHING IN FRENCH. Ha. 

Thank you for all the emails! Hopefully I'll have more time to respond next week. 

À bientôt,

-Sœur Ethington 



The temple has so many beautiful flowers in the gardens right now!

Soeur Ernesta! Such a sweet lady. Wr had a rendez-vous at her house and she fed us waayyyyy too much ice cream. 


Super nice lady we met at the Visitor's Center! 

Comments