Soeur Ethington | Week 32

The Antony sector is on fire lately. We've taught a bunch of awesome lessons in the past week and have even more coming up this week. We taught the Restoration to our new amies Antonina and Soriana. We also taught our cute amis Andrea and Tiago who Jesus is! We also taught our amie Chantal the Gospel of Jesus Christ and asked her to be baptized. Our schedule for this week is even more packed, and I am so excited!

When we got to church on Sunday, one of our members came up to us and introduced us to her friend Myriam. Myriam isn't a member of the Church but is so interested in learning more. We sat by her in all the classes and she had a lot of great questions. We are so excited to meet with her this week!! I have such a strong testimony of member-missionary work and am grateful that Liliane had the courage and faith to invite Myriam to church. 

This week, Soeur Ackroyd and I discovered a magical store called Picard. It's a frozen foods store with super high quality meals and amazing pastries for a super low price. We got 4 INCREDIBLE chocolate éclairs for 2 euros. Gold. 

The highlight of my week (aside from when I crossed paths with Elder David after zone conference) was when Elaine S. Dalton, who was the Young Women General President while I was a young woman, came to the VC! She was so excited to see me wearing my Young Women medallion. When she first saw us, she squealed and exclaimed, "Sisters! I am so happy you are here. You are doing exactly what we prayed you would do." 

We then gave her a tour of the temple, which was a super special experience because we were alone with her. She gave such amazing advice and insight. At the end, I asked her for 1 piece of advice, and I want to share it with all of you: Follow the Prophet, NOW. 

I've been reflecting a lot on this simple yet powerful statement these past few days, and I invite you all to read President Nelson's talks from the last 3 conferences. Study the invitations he extends, write them down, and then follow them. Only blessings will come when you follow the Prophet's words! 

That's all I have for this week! Thanks for all of your support and prayers! 

À bientôt,
Soeur Ethington 



Our Picard eclairs. AMAZING.


Soeur Ackroyd and I at Notre Dame today. She let a pigeon sit on her head. I was not down. 


The cake we made for the other soeurs. We thought we were doing great until
we realized S. Ackroyd misspelled "merci..." 

Fun ice cream we ate by Notre Dame today! 



It's fall here in France and it's beautiful! 

Remember the story from conference of the missionaries who taught a Catholic priest in Peru?
Well, THIS GUY WAS ONE OF THEM. A legend. 


The steps in the cafe Panini Crepe, a sanctuary for missionaries of the FPM.


Us with S. Meunier, 1/2 of the new temple couple. 


 Le temple! 




Comments