Soeur Ethington | Week 52
Hello everyone, and welcome back to "what the heck is Soeur Ethington doing in Paris this week?"
On Saturday, we had exchanges and I was back in the beautiful sector of St. Ouen! Some of you may remember that I served in St. Ouen a few months ago, and I really loved it. Sister Legault and I got to visit an old member named Chantal (she gave me a sparkly elephant keychain, some sparkling water, and nagged us about not visiting her often enough. I've missed that woman), teach an amie from Nigeria named Martina, and even take the good old' metro 13. The best part of the whole exchange, however, was spending time with Soeur Legault. She's only been here in the mission for about 4 weeks, but she is already such an incredible missionary with a true gift of bearing testimony at all times.
We had a miracle happen this week: Aïssatou accepted another baptismal date! She's been struggling letting go of her Catholic background, but she believes that she will now find the courage to engage with the Lord even more.
Another miracle: Our amie, Hillary, brought her friend Morgan to one of our lessons! She's super interested as well, and we've begun teaching both of them. They both have such profound questions about God and His plan for them, and they really loved the guidance that comes from knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.
We visited two awesome member families this week too: the Montiel family and the Valentins. We are working hard to get the members pumped for Venez et Voyez (Come and See, a special sacrament meeting for non-members) on the 24th!
We also had zone conference this past week, which was the first we've had in a long time because we've had so many mission conferences due to general authorities visiting our missions. As STLs, Sister Montalvo and I were given the privilege to train the missionaries for about an hour, which was a super fun experience.
We also had Stake Conference yesterday, held in the Palais des Congres of Versailles (right next to the Versailles castle too!). I felt like all of the talks that were given were especially for me. I love how God answers our prayers through other people!
Thank you all for your love and emails!
![]() |
| Mission Leadership Council last week |
![]() |
| New Missionary Training last week |


Comments
Post a Comment