Soeur Ethington | Week 55

Hello everyone! I apologize I didn't get to send a weekly update last week, things were just way too busy! Speaking of busy, that's basically been my life the past few months and especially these last 3 weeks. So here are some highlights:

- Mission council was really great. I love being able to share my opinions and ideas with other mission leaders, and actually get to see changes that impact the mission. I also got to see a ton of my favorite missionaries, including Soeur Fears (one of my 5 MTC companions)! 

- We taught our amie Jelena twice in the past week or so, and both our lessons have been so incredible. Jelena is a friend of Sister Sorensen's (the Mission President's wife) so we all teach her together, and our lessons are always so powerful and spiritual. Jelena has been through some really hard things in her life, and I've loved seeing how the Gospel is starting to bless her. We also had amazing lessons with Sylvie, Hillary, Sephora, and Aïssatou. 

- This past Saturday morning, over 150 visitors came to the Visitors' Center! Some of them were primary kids from the Rennes stake, so we got to help them make little temple bookmarks and origami. I love working in both the Visitors' Center and the field, because I get to experience so many different people and cultures. 


The sad news for this week is that the Campbells went home :( They have served alongside me at the VC since my first day in France, so it felt like a part of me was leaving with them! The VC won't be the same without Elder Campbell in his special chair or Soeur Campbell's heroic sewing skills. 

I'm doing well and am only slightly over stressed (haaa)! Lots of responsibility is accompanied by lots of blessings, and I'm definitely seeing those blessings made manifest. I can't wait for General Conference this weekend either, and I invite each of you to make it your priority to watch it. Let me know what you liked or what you learned! 

With love,
Soeur Ethington 

The Versailles and Chesnay soeurs. Squad. 







Cherry blossoms in the temple gardens! It is definitely spring in Paris.
(These pictures were taken by Soeur Saulle of the Antony Ward).

A group of visitors from that Saturday morning craziness

Blossom trees like these, all over! I love France!

The Elders left their coats with us, so we left them some presents in their pockets. 





More pics of the temple grounds



Pictures of Le Chesnay, where we are currently serving

Saw S. Fears at mission council!!!

We brought cookies to our friends Grâce and Maïwenn! They were so excited and wouldn't let us leave without reading scriptures together. Love them.





More Le Chesnay pics...


We had a Temple Soeur brunch after our temple session today! Best P day! 


The stained glass window inside the temple visitor's center

Comments