Soeur Ethington | Week 60

Hello everyone, and welcome to another episode of "Maya Tries to Make Up for Two Weeks' Worth of Updates but Ends Up Summarizing Only the Most Noteworthy Ones"

Scene 1: An Exciting Announcement!
Transfers were announced this morning, and I am officially OUT of the temple! I have been transferred to a new area in the south of Paris called Orléans. My new companion is Sister Fears (my MTC companion and bestest friend ever) and we will both be the Paris Sud STLs. To say I am stoked is an understatement. To say I'm devastated to be leaving the temple is also an understatement. I think of this new change as turning the page on my life, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me next. (And hey temple peeps, I'll see you in 3 months!)

Scene 2: Classy Ladies at Musée D'Orsay
We spent last week's p day at the Orsay museum in Paris. The Orsay museum specializes in impressionist art, so we got to see paintings by a lot of my favorite artists (Monet, Degas, Van Gogh, etc.). I'll attach pictures of some of my favorite pieces.

Scene 3: Le Conseil de la Mission
Got to see all my favorite people at mission council. Couldn't help but notice that almost every single missionary that was in my MTC district is currently a ZL or STL. People weren't kidding when they said we were a legendary group, I guess.

Scene 4: A Crêpe Party 
We had a lesson with our cute amie Grâce at the Meuniers' apartment! She is so ready to be baptized but is afraid of her daughter not following in her footsteps. I told her the story of how King Lamoni was able to convert his family and his people in the Book of Mormon, and she really loved it. I love teaching amis that the scriptures apply to them! Especially when we are eating crêpes as we do it! 

Scene 5: Le Miracle
Yesterday at church, S. McOmber and I were attentively listening to our Sunday School lesson when suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder. "Quick," she said, "there are nonmembers here and they are wandering in the hallway!" We jumped to our feet and ran to the hall. 

Sure enough, two very lost women were sitting there, staring at us. "Look, it's them! It's the girls I met!" one of them said to the other. I approached them and welcomed them warmly, then asked how they knew us. Anne-Marie (and her friend's name was Sylvie) couldn't believe that we didn't remember her. "I met you over a month ago in Garches. You stopped me and invited me to church. I waited for you to call me but you never did. So I decided to look you up on the internet and come to church myself." We were blown away. 

Slowly, I started to remember who she was. When we met her, we were dropping by a member before our rendez-vous with our amie Sylvie. We had gotten lost and were late, so we were frantically trying to find where we were. As we passed Anne-Marie, the Spirit pushed me to speak to her. So I did, even though we were already so late. She accepted to come to church and even gave us her phone number! We parted ways and we were so excited. About 20 minutes later, I looked at the phone to put Anne-Marie's information in, and I noticed that in our rush, we had not correctly saved her phone number. We were devastated and thought we would never see her again. Little did we know that we would see her a little over a month later at church! What a miracle.

I'm starting to notice that God places opportunities for miracles on places where you wouldn't expect them. They always happen when you're late, hungry, tired, or drenched from the rain. But just as He's promised us in the scriptures, as we follow His commandments, He will be on our right hand and on our left, and His Spirit shall be in our hearts, and His angels round about us to bear us up. 

What are some miracles you've seen lately? 

À bientot, 
S. Ethington 

 Me and my beautiful, talented companion, S. McOmber

Panini crêpe is a priceless tradition among FPM missionaries


Mission council friends 



More fun pictures with temple soeurs I love

 Our crêpe dinner with Grâce and the Meuniers

Notre Dame under reconstruction

Panini crêpe again...








Pictures from the Orsay museum


Classic France Paris Missionary things 

Picture of me and S. McOmber with my favorite amie ever, Sylvie. So hard to say goodbye!

Osace and Blessing's baptism last week!

The iconic Temple Soeurs picture


Comments