Soeur Ethington | Week 62

We invited Marie and Alodie to be baptized this week and they are both praying right now to know if it's the right thing for them. More updates on that next week! 

We recently started teaching this adorable family this week. The dad is an old ami and used to have a baptismal date, so we are so happy he's wanting to meet with us again! We showed up at his house and he introduced us to his whole family-- a super pregnant wife and 3 adorable kids. We taught the whole family the message of the Restoration on the fly and they really loved it. They are doing the 21 day Book of Mormon challenge together so I can't wait to see how that unites them as a family! 

We had Zone Conference on Wednesday and it was AMAZING. It was so inspirational and I learned so much. It was extra fun because I was in charge of directing the meeting, then Sœur Fears and I did a practice teaching demonstration, a workshop, and the musical number with our district. It was fun to be so involved with Zone Conference! 

In my studies lately, I've been focusing a lot on how to focus my life more around God. I still (thankfully) have a few months left on my mission, and I really want to make the most of them and learn the most I can. 

I'm reading Doctrine and Covenants, and where I'm at, the saints were commanded by God to leave their homes and farms (basically their lives) in New York and move to Ohio with nothing except the promise that they would be "endowed with power from on high" if they were obedient. I tried to put myself in their shoes and in doing so have realized that God is constantly asking us to "lay aside the things of this world and seek for the things of a better." He does this because He loves us, infinitely, and wants what's best for us! So it's up to us to trust Him, to leave our worldly things behind us, and to "come to the Ohio" -- that is, come to Him.

"And if ye seek the riches which it is the will of the Father to give unto you, ye shall be the richest of all people, for ye shall have the riches of eternity." (D&C 38:39) 

Love you all, et à bientôt !

-Sœur Ethington 

Me and Sœur Fears in front of a PAUL boulangerie

Orléans is beautiful !!! We went to the huge cathedral and the Joan of Arc house today for P day.




































The train that takes us to Paris has Harry Potter train cars! 

Comments