Soeur Ethington | Week 63

This week has been pretty busy! Soeur Fears and I have been hard at work doing a lot of finding, teaching, and working with members to get them excited to invite people to the next Venez et Voyez event.

We found 5 new awesome amis and got to meet with one of them today. Her name is Fifi and she is super interested in learning how she fits in to God's plan. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she really loved it! My favorite part of the lesson was when we asked her if she wanted to live with her family forever, and she just looked at us and said "BAH OUI!" I love her already.

We also had exchanges with some of the lovely Evry soeurs, Soeur Crosby and Soeur Henderson. I had the opportunity to go out finding with Soeur Henderson on her first day in France just a few weeks ago, and I was seriously impressed by the amazing progress she's made already! 

Miracle of the week:
On exchanges, we went to teach our amie Marie but she wasn't home when we knocked on her door. I felt prompted to go stop by the house of a sister in our ward who hadn't been at church in 10 years. We made the 45-minute bus trip to her house and when we got there, she was home and let us in! Florence told us that we were super lucky to catch her because she lives in Paris with her sister now but just happened to be back at her apartment (for only an hour!) to pick up some things. We invited her to church and testified of the blessings that come from it. It was a miracle to come to her house right as she was about to leave! Missionaries have been trying to visit her for 10 years but she's never been home to answer her door. Because Marie wasn't free to meet us, we got to meet Florence (and even got to teach Marie a few hours later). If we turn our setbacks into opportunities, we can see miracles!

The next morning, we woke up bright and early to catch our bus to Montargis, a village about 1.5 hours away from Orléans. The early trip ended up being the best thing ever because we arrived in Montargis right as the sun was rising over the fog. Montargis is the most beautiful little village full of old stone houses and sweeping views of ancient cathedrals and flower fields. I'll attach some pictures. 

I'm so grateful for every second I have to be a missionary. I am so grateful for the changes I've seen in others and especially myself. Missions are the best!!!!!! If you're considering on going on one, do it!!!!!!! You won't regret it!!!!!!!

Have a great week!

- Soeur Ethington 

Soeur Fears!!! I love her!!! 

A cool house we found in Orléans. I love the yellow windows! 

Some old cathedrals.

A pretty street in Montargis! 

 Some castles we saw in Montargis! One of them was taken from the bus so it's a little blurry but I had to add it because it was the smallest castle I've ever seen but it was still super cool.


A little river in Montargis. The picture doesn't capture the beauty of it though.

Soeur Fears and Soeur Henderson watching the sunset from our window the night of exchanges! 

We took the teeniest bus I've ever been in so I had to take a pic hahaha

Doesn't this water tower look like Rapunzel's tower?

This is where the village women would go to wash their clothes in the river many years ago! The house next to it was so beautiful. 

My proud self after having organized all our BOMs haha 





Comments