Soeur Ethington | Week 66

Hello hello hello! The repertoire came out this morning and, what do you know, I'm staying in Orléans with Soeur Fears! Words cannot describe how happy I am. I love it here and am so thrilled to spend 6 more weeks here.

Some updates from these past 2 weeks:

- It went from pouring rain and freezing to 90 degrees and burning and then back again

- We set a baptismal date with Marie!!! August 24th. So excited for her. We're working on helping her understand personal revelation she receives so she can apply it in her life, and I can tell that's really helping her in her personal conversion.

- We met with some amazing members in our ward including the Penvernes, the Sennedots, and Soeur Chantriaux. They all fed us amazing food and we were so happy. Soeur Sennedot makes the best homemade applesauce! 

- We met some amazing people who are interested in learning more about the Gospel so we're so excited to be meeting them this next week! Our whole schedule is absolutely booked out so we're going to be dead tired but we're still stoked.

- We visited a less active member named Soeur Girrard in this teeny little village. She's over 90 years old so she can't leave her house to come to church, so we wanted to drop by and do the Viens et Suis Moi (Come Follow Me) program with her. She loved it! I love how this program helps people grow their faith any day of the week and anywhere they may be.

- We went to the Amboise castle today for district p day! It was so much fun. I'll attach some pics.

I also spoke in church last Sunday about how members can help missionaries. I highlighted the scripture 1 Timothy 4:12, which invites us to be examples of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, and in purity. When we are examples of the believers, we "let [our] light so shine" in a world that is becoming darker and darker. Each day, we have opportunities to shine, no matter our situation. So let your light shine! How comforting it is to hear the words of the Savior when He says, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Have a great week, everyone!

The sunset from our kitchen window. There was a super loud concert that night in centre ville so it was fun to listen to the people cheering.

 Rainbow after the rain! 

I'm telling you, the French love their flowers




 A cute little house in Soeur Girrard's village

Mom, I'm sure you love the color of this gate so I'm including it (I do! Thanks!)

The archway in the village center of Amboise. So many cute little shops and cafes.

Me (being photobombed by Elder Darrington) on top of the Amboise castle walls

This chapel, located on the site of the Amboise castle, is where Leonardo Da Vinci is buried! 

Views of and from the Castle




Spot the two French people eating their lunch in their backyard!

Lily pads are all over France and I find them so beautiful.

 "Hey Elders, smile!!"

Me, comme d'hab

 The final resting place of Leonardo Da Vinci



We had district council on the lawn of the castle. Best location ever? I think yes.

The house where Leonardo Da Vinci died. 

Only in France: a baguette vending machine that isn't actually that bad!

Me in a tree

We took a selfie after laughing about how our train was stopped. Reason: there was a pony on the tracks.



Comments