Soeur Ethington | Week 67

Hello everyone! I don't have a lot of time to write today, but I just wanted to share this miracle that happened to me and Sister Fears this past week. 

Early Thursday morning, we set out for a day of service at Restos du Coeur, a charity association. All day long, we lifted heavy boxes, organized cans, sorted through crates of ~so much~ moldy fruit, and folded piles of baby clothes. We came home that night sweaty and happy and exhausted and so ready to eat dinner and finish off our night. 

Right as we sat down, however, we remembered that we'd set the goal to give out at least one Book of Mormon per day for the next month and a half. We were faced with the choice of eating dinner or going outside and trying to find someone who would accept the Book of Mormon. 

We decided on the latter. So we put our shoes back on and said a prayer of faith, grabbing not only one but two Books of Mormon. We had the faith that God would help us accomplish our goal, even if we were exhausted. We walked outside and the first two people we talked to accepted Books of Mormon!

This miracle of faith reminds me of Heavenly Father's promise to each of us: 

"For I am God, and mine arm is not shortened; and I will show miracles, signs, and wonders, unto all those who believe on my name."

I know that's true, and I know that God will never cease to bless us and show forth miracles as we exercise our faith. 

À bientôt,
Soeur Ethington

Your friendly neighborhood Orléans soeurs

Us with the Neuveu family and our friends Alhassan, Ibrahim, and Raja.

Raja made us a cool drink from Pakistan. It tasted like roses and lemon. I loved it and he tried so hard to give me the bottle of rose syrup afterwards.

Orléans ward members are the best because they give you marshmallows and also invite all their friends to church so it's a plus

Impulse buy: Belgian waffles. No regrets.

More pics from District PDay last week. I love these noobs.

"Soeur Fears. This statue is so awkward. Let's take an awkward picture of me with it." 

Post-Resto selfie. We were so tired


Comments