Hellllllllllloooooooooo everyone!
This past week was a little rough because I was really sick and couldn't work for about 3 days, but we still saw lots of miracles! We even met two new amies. It's super busy at the Visitors' Center right now since it's summer but it's the absolute best. I've really missed the Visitors' Center and I'm glad to be back. The work we do here is just so fulfilling.
Things are going so well here. Sister Kleinman is so awesome and I love serving with her. She's a hard worker who can accomplish a lot once she sets her mind to it. I'm sad we only get to spend 4 weeks together! We die laughing every single day and we have such a similar sense of humor. I really love how dedicated she is to serving everyone around her with her whole heart, and she's a great example to me.
The first (and probably coolest) thing that happened this week was our tour with Tori and Valerie, two sisters from Los Angeles. Their missionaries called us last Sunday and asked if we could meet up with them while they were in Paris on vacation, so we offered to give them a tour of the VC! It turned out being one of the most spiritual and fun tours I've ever given. Valerie was recently baptized and has introduced her sister Tori to the Church. They both love Jesus Christ so much and I feel like I learned so much from their testimonies. I'll attach the picture we took together.
Tuesday was also a crazy day at the VC. We had a bus of 95 American tourists come, so we were running around like crazy trying to teach them all. I met some people from my hometown as well, so it was fun to make that connection. We laughed about how they traveled all the way to Paris and still found people from chez eux.
Wednesday night, we had a mangez-vous with the Sumners. They're a temple missionary couple from Utah, and we love them to death! We ate enchiladas (quelle bénédiction) and talked about what a blessing the Book of Mormon is in our lives. It's incredible-- once I started listing blessings that I have because of the Book of Mormon, I couldn't stop! I love the Book of Mormon and I'm seeing more and more blessings that come from reading it every day.
On Saturday night, we had the Visitors' Center departure dinner. We always get together and throw a little party when a Soeur is going home soon, so I've gone to lots of those but never thought I'd have my own. It felt so strange to be the "guest of honor" because I swear I still feel like I'm at the beginning of my mission, but in fact it's coming to a close a lot faster than I want it to. Soeur Tulieva made a beautiful video compilation for me of photos from my mission (thanks Soeur!) and we ate like 5 different types of cake. It was such a fun night!
That's about it for this week! For those of you who would like to meet me at the airport, please let me know and I'll make sure to send you all the information. Thank you all for your love and support!
A bientôt,
Soeur Ethington
 |
| Me and Soeur Kleinman after church. There are so many colorful little walls everywhere here in Le Chesnay. |
 |
| The 3 Paris zones with Brad Wilcox! |
 |
| Us with Valerie and Tori. |
 |
| Me with some friends who came to visit! |
 |
| The picture Soeur Kleinman took of me when I was sick. She wouldn't stop laughing at me because I looked so ridiculous |
 |
| Spirulina face masks. What people THINK we're like vs. how we really are... |
 |
| This little guy came to the VC today! His owner took a tour and I took a pic. Sweetest little guy ever- he's a Japanese Akita Inu, AKA teddy bear. |
 |
| Rainy Sunday. It's starting to get cold here, already! |
 |
| We visited Pierette, a less active sister, this week. Her cat swiped at Soeur Kleinman right after she took this picture hahahaha |
 |
| Shenanigans. 99.9% of what Soeur Kleinman and I do. |
Comments
Post a Comment